If you are worried about the Italian language test when study abroad, it won't bother you provided basic Italian foundation and preparation. As Italian as a second language, what kind of language test could we take? This article will give an answer.


The Certificato di Conoscenza della Lingua Italiana (Certificate of Knowledge of Italian Language), or CELI, is an internationally recognized qualification of the Italian language destined for foreigners wanting to validate their relative Italian fluency, offered by the Università per Stranieri di Perugia. It is accepted as an official qualification notably by the Italian Ministry of Education and Research and the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It is one of the qualifications used by foreigners to get entrance into any Italian university or higher education institution.

PLIDA, or Progetto Lingua Italiana Dante Alighieri (Dante Alighieri Society Diplomas), are language diplomas issued by Dante Alighieri Society certifying the holder's proficiency in Italian language as a foreign language. The diplomas could only be obtained after passing a standardised language test. The Rome Branch of the Dante Alighieri Society the official center of examination for the issuing of PLIDA Certification.
The PLIDA certificate is officially recognised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Labour and Welfare and the Ministry of Education, University and Research of Italy.

According to the Decree of the Ministry of the Interior of 4 June 2010, any foreigners should be able to demonstrate proficiency in the Italian language, if they want to obtain the long-term residence permit. Holders of A2 PLIDA certificate could be exempted from the test held by the Prefectures.
With the certificate (B2 or C1 level, depending on university and subject), students can be enrolled into universities or schools without taking the mandatory Italian language examinations.

The Certification of Italian as a Foreign Language (Certificazione di Italiano come Lingua Straniera or CILS) is a qualification offered by the Foreigners University of Siena for foreign speakers of the Italian language, recognizing various levels of language proficiency. The qualification is recognized by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and is often used to grant acceptance in any Italian university or higher education institution in Italy.

Contact us


1088 Wuzhong Ave,Jiangsu,Suzhou


0512-65988300; 17315215158
Monday - Friday, 8:30 - 17:30


Copyright © 苏州阳光乐教教育咨询服务有限公司. 版权所有